1. The Town Clerk's Office
- a. The Town Clerk’s Office’s main function is to provide leadership in the conduct of municipal affairs. The Town Clerk, Mr. Kaitano is also the Chief Executive Officer. The Office manages and guides the municipal organization in accordance with the statutory powers and duties devolved upon it.
b. The Office directly oversees the operations of the Internal Audit function. Headed by the Internal Auditor, the Section ensures reliability, adequacy and integrity of financial information. It also ensures compliance with Council policies, plans, procedures and regulations and that departmental operations and activities are conducted in an economic, efficient and effective manner. Internal Audit is also tasked with safeguarding municipal assets and minimizing losses.
c. The Office of the Town Clerk has also Gender Mainstreaming as one of its main remits. Accordingly, the achievement of gender parity in all aspects of the municipality remains a major task as well as the provision of services in a gender sensitive manner.
2. Chamber Secretary
a. THE Central Administration Department headed by the Chamber Secretary (Director of Central Administration) provides Corporate Services to the municipality and is the centre for the coordination of municipal departments. The department also provides the following services: Human Resources; Civil Protection and Police Services.
b. Human Resources Management
i. Human Capital Management
- Human Capital Planning
- Recruitment and Exit
- Training and Development
- Personnel Administration
ii. Communications and Customer Care
- Social Media
- Notices and Advertisements
- Toll free lines
- Service Reports and Complaints handling and follow-ups
- Customer Care Surveys
iii. Legal and Policy Making
- Management of Council and Committee meetings and processes
- Policies, Regulations, By-laws, Resolutions and Standing Orders
iv. Public Affairs and Investment Promotion
- Public Consultations
- The Budget formulation process and public consultations
- Resolution of grievances involving more than one department
- Development of investment opportunities and packaging
- Publicizing investment opportunities
v. Police Section
- Municipal Police: Static duties and by-law enforcement